Have been very fatigued with sore joints, knee and arms. Is it lyme disease?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: For the past year I have been very fatigued, after 8pm I am a zombie. I wake up in the morning and everything feels sore. Joints. Feet, Knees, lower back, neck, arms,... I can not believe its simple athritis? I am sore all the time. Googled this and coming up with stuff like Lyme Disease,...Need help
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Generalised aches and pains in the morning are often found in vitamin D and magnesium deficiency.
The other causes can be lack of iron,calcium,B12,FOLIC ACID and hypothyroidism.
I suggest you to consult a physician for a detailed examination and the necessary investigations. You can get yourself prescribed vitamin D and magnesium supplements. Your symptoms should improve with that. Also eat magnesium XXXXXXX foods like bananas, beans, chickpeas, fish, nuts, soybeans, spinach etc which are natural sources of magnesium.
These symptoms are not likely to be due to Lyme disease as it is often associated with fever and continuous pains with skin rash.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.