Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have been diagnosed with cutaneous lupus. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I have been diagnosed with cutanious lupus. im a 67 year old female..Is this just skin disease?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes in some sense.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that Lupus is other name for SLE that is involves the skin only like photosensitivity , malar or butterfly rash etc then it is termed as cutaneous lupus .

It is a fair possibilty that with proper treatemnt it remains limited to skin but the autoimmune diseases often have a constant evoloving character so this possibilty cannot be ruled out that in later stages of life it may involve other organs also. So you are advised to carry your treatment under expert rheumatologist . Sun protection is specially advisable to you.

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor