Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have balantis and advised to use a antifungal cream. Changed to steroid cream but no improvement. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
Hello i have been told i havd been i have balantis from a doctor snd was told to use a anitfungal cream then i went back and was told to use a steriod cream but nothing has helped! Please help!
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Balanitis is an infection of the glans penis (penis head) and there are many different cause for the same renaging from bacterial, viral , fungal, irritation and tumors as well. In your case your doctor has already tried you on anti fungals and steroid creams. Now that it has not responded, you should get it investigated. The best way would be to take a swab of the area and examine it under a microscope and do culture and sensitivity if required. Also a blood sugar levels need to be tested. If it is still resistant then the best option would be to biopsy the area bu taking a small piece of the skin and examining it under the microscope.
You should also try getting an antibiotic course done and try to keep the area clean and dry.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor