Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have asthma from childhood, using Duolin and Salbetol. What are the best medicines?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10424 Questions
I have asthma from my childhood, currently using Duolin inhaler & eta-salbetol tablets; What are the best medicines?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Chronic asthma is a condition in which a step wise approach of treatment is followed according to the clinical signs and symptoms of the patient, pulmonary function tests and number of acute exacerbations. The standard treatment for control of asthma involves use of long acting beta agonists and steroid inhalers.

Duolin inhaler contains levosalbutamol and ipratropium bromide which is more appropriate for acute exacerbation of chronic asthma.

Oral mast cell stabilizers and leukotriene antagonists like montelukast are also recommended depending on the severity of affection.

You need a thorough evaluation from a pulmonologist who after appropriate investigations will prescribe you the treatment best for you.

I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor