Have anal fissure and purple lumps around anus. No hemorrhoids. What could be this?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi my question is about anal fissure and purple lumps around my anus area .
I was only 15 years old when I First noticed blood on the toilet paper , no pain or anything , just a bit of blood . I got checked by a Proctologist and diagnosed with a small size polyp, a week later I had a surgery and my polyp got removed . two months later from my polyp surgery i noticed blood on my stool again , went back to the doctor and got diagnosed with anal fissure . now it's been 4 years since that day and my fissure has not completely healed , sometimes i feel a bit of pain in my anus and blood but it always goes away , and then it comes in like every 3 ,4 months .
my question is about lumps all around the skin outside of my anus , they appeared after surgery which i had 4 years ago . it doesn't hurt in anyway , i have no pain i just don't want them . I have no hemorrhoids . why do I have them ? I am just so tired of doctors and hospitals . Maybe I should not have done that surgery and today I would just as healthy as I was before , I am so confused .
there's a pic of those lumps . Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 36 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

First let me assure you the poly surgery can not be avoided so do not regret for getting operated

As far as the lumps in the pic are concerned :

From the pic it seems to be XXXXXXX hemorrhoids yet I would suggest you get a second opinion from another proctologist or send me some more pics when lying in left lateral position

Till then go for a fiber supplement to avoid constipation and take sitz bath twice a day

Local application of lignocaine gel may help control symptoms

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubts
Wishing you a healthy life ahead
Follow up: Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 6 hours later
Hi Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja thank you for your respond .

Here's more pics , in left lateral position .

I do not have constipation and those lumps don't bleed or hurt at all , just that cute , fissure which you can see it on the pic .

I am so scared and confused don't know what to do anymore , I have been eating healthy foods over this last past year , fresh fruits and vegetables , Never drink or smoke .

that surgery turned my life upside down , : (

I want to know if this is a serious thing ? my skin around my anus was just normal but after surgery everything changed .

Are those really XXXXXXX hemorrhoids and how can I get rid of them at home ? I do not want to go to the hospital again .

I got checked by another doctor and he said I had no hemorrhoids it was just a fissure cut causing bleeding during bowel movements . but he didn't look careful it was so quick like 5 seconds .

Please Doctor Tell what you think I could do right now to ged rid of these lumps ? Thank You !
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 18 hours later
Hi

I have seen and reevaluated your images

These are for sure small engorged vessels and with my 25 years of experience as a colorectal surgeon I would treat them as hemorrhoids

Basically if they are symptom less I would keep them as they are and reassure you

Any way to prevent them from getting worse it is better you add fiber to your diet and see that you are not constipated and avoid junk food

Hope this helps
Do not hesitate to write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead