Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Have an overactive gallbladder. Suggested for gallbladder removal. Will the surgeon opt for this surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I had a hidascan with an injection fraction rate of 98%. My PC is sending me to a surgeon for gallbladder removal. My PC stated that I have an overactive gallbladder and it needs to be removed. Will the surgeon opt for this surgery - I just want the pain tomgomaway.thank you
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Your doctor is right in ordering for the removal of gall bladder as that is the ultimate treatment for an overactive gall bladder.
This surgery is done by laproscopy where recovery time is very fast and it is almost pain free.
You need not have any apprehension regarding this and must go for it as your surgeon will definitely opt for it.
Please feel free to ask me any question,if you have any.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor