Have acne problem. How to treat this?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Acne
Question: i m a 24 year old male and having acne problem but earlier it was mild to moderate . but in last few months it has increased many folds.THE SIZE AND NO. BOTH LEAVING SCARS .what should i do ? is figaro olive oil is good for treating acne?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
Acne is hormonal disease and needs effective treatment.
Betnovate cream is betamethasone steroid it is contraindicated in acne.
Using betnovate may have caused severe acne from mild to moderate.

Now my advise to you would be-
STOP using betnovate it may cause permanent damage to your face.
Use Brevoxyl cream at night time.
Use Glintra gel at day time.
Use brevoxyl face wash for cleansing the face 2-3 times a day.

Consider a visit to dermatologist for prescription drugs.
Discuss the option of Isotretinoin with your doctor.It is a wonderful drug and will help a lot in long term remission.
Also chemical peeling and lase will be helpful in limiting the marks and scars produced by acne.

Hope this helps.
If you need any further clarification do let me know.

Dr Sudarshan
Dermatology
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 15 hours later
sir can allopathic treatment permanently cure acne problem . along with benzoyl peroxide i m using some natural methoeds like olive oil , lemon juice , honey..is it ok?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi again,
You can use honey.Olive oil or lemon juice application may further increase the problem.
Lemon juice application may cause irritation and hyperpigmentation and scarring.
Home remedies are not always safe.
Allopathic treatment can control acne for long periods of time and also get permanent cure.
Hope this helps.
Dr XXXXXXX
MD dermatologist