Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

167 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have acne problem. How to treat this?

Answered by
Dr. Sudarshan


Practicing since :2005

Answered : 1391 Questions

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Acne
Question: i m a 24 year old male and having acne problem but earlier it was mild to moderate . but in last few months it has increased many folds.THE SIZE AND NO. BOTH LEAVING SCARS .what should i do ? is figaro olive oil is good for treating acne?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Acne is hormonal disease and needs effective treatment.
Betnovate cream is betamethasone steroid it is contraindicated in acne.
Using betnovate may have caused severe acne from mild to moderate.

Now my advise to you would be-
STOP using betnovate it may cause permanent damage to your face.
Use Brevoxyl cream at night time.
Use Glintra gel at day time.
Use brevoxyl face wash for cleansing the face 2-3 times a day.

Consider a visit to dermatologist for prescription drugs.
Discuss the option of Isotretinoin with your doctor.It is a wonderful drug and will help a lot in long term remission.
Also chemical peeling and lase will be helpful in limiting the marks and scars produced by acne.

Hope this helps.
If you need any further clarification do let me know.

Dr Sudarshan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 15 hours later
sir can allopathic treatment permanently cure acne problem . along with benzoyl peroxide i m using some natural methoeds like olive oil , lemon juice , it ok?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi again,
You can use honey.Olive oil or lemon juice application may further increase the problem.
Lemon juice application may cause irritation and hyperpigmentation and scarring.
Home remedies are not always safe.
Allopathic treatment can control acne for long periods of time and also get permanent cure.
Hope this helps.
MD dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Hyperpigmentation

doctor1 MD

Yes Hello Dr. Grief I am A licensed Clinical Aeshtetician I have Female Client That has hyperpigmentation whom I ve been treating with topical tyrosynase inhibitors/ peels I informed the client that it is necessary to be very diligent about the use of sun protection uva/uvb. we have been getting some improvement I told her that it is a condition that needs to be managed. but now she recently informed me about taking iron supplements for a low red blood count in routine blood work and that her pigment is getting darker I did some research on the iron supplements and found that it could possibly cause pigment issues. what is your take on this

doctor1 MD

Hi I ve 2 laser hair removal treatement and noticed light hyperpigmentation on my cheek done after 3 or 4 days after my second treatment. I went to the laser clinic and they have told me to use mela clear depigmentation serum to get rid of hyperpigmentation. I have been using it quite a while now but I have not noticed much difference. I apply sunblock gel eveyday and avoid staying out in sun. Is there any way of getting rid of this pigmentation? I m also thinking of waxing on my face but will it be safe to do so?

doctor1 MD

I am 30 years old. I just had circumcision in August. From October I started developing brown/black patches on the penis glans . The patches are around the urethra starting from areas where the stitches are placed. I need some guidance as to why...

doctor1 MD

Good morning - My Wife has had a scab on her nose that heals and then re-scabs and then heals and re-scabs for about 3-4 weeks. The wound area is getting smaller on each new scab but this is the longest time she's had it. She has used antibiotic...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, There is a dark black patch of skin around the top puncture site ( near diaphragm) of laproscopic gall bladder operation. the operation happened 10 years back and the stitches were all healed. the skin around this site became darker...

doctor1 MD

My dermatologist has prescribed a formula to treat hyperpigmentation on my chin area only to be applied at night in winter - 4 months in a year. It contains hydroquinone, retin A, elocon and ascorbic acid. Is this safe to use and would there be any side effects if I stop using this formula?

doctor1 MD

Related to hyperpigmentation ...... I was applying hydroquinone cream and now I am facing hyperpigmentation problem ... skin turned dark ... I am of indian origin dark skin ... Have been under medication , applying sun screen and skin rejuvenation cream as suggested by my dermatologist but I really feel only a little improvement and didn t get neck colo back, Please tell me what I shud do... will it go or not ... I am really going thru depression...!!