Have acne on face. How to reduce it?

Dr. Kruti

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Acne
Question: What can i do to reduce the acne, which grows daily in my face.
As my body is always hot and generates heat, than just normal.
Answered by Dr. Kruti 15 minutes later
Hello

I will be glad to be of assistance.

Treatment of acne would be oral medication, creams and daily skin care routine which further helps in treatment of acne.

Oral medication will be tablet doxycycline 100 mg. you will require a prescription for it.

Creams would be:-

Application of benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel once a day on the Pimples and Application of Retin A cream 0.025% on full face at night for 2 hrs.
All the applications will have to be done for 6 weeks.

All these medications will require a prescription from your GP.

You need to follow a routine of cleansing, sunscreen, creams daily.

Cleanse your face with cetaphil cleansing lotion for acne prone skin thrice daily. Sunscreen needs to be used daily; Neutrogena would be a good choice.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.