Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Have acne and spots on face. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
How to get rid of acne and spots in face area?
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
To treat acne and spots, you may follow these
Use a salicylic acid based face wash( saslic) twice in a day
Apply benzoyl peroxide gel twice in a day and adapalene gel once in night over acne lesions. You may use a tooth pick to apply these over acne lesions as too much application and rubbing can lead to redness and irritation of skin
If having blackheads or white heads, get them extracted regularly
Apply Kojic cream over acne pigmentation spots.

These will help in reduction of acne and spots. However a course of isotretinoin or oral antibiotic like azithromycin may be required if acne is severe. For the same a face to face dermatologist consultation is mandatory
Sometimes peeling sessions with Glycolic acid is required too to reduce acne marks and acne lesions.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more, feel free to write back.
Take care

Dr kalpana
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor