Have acidity problem. Is it related to hernia or heart problem?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Can the continous burps be due to some heart problem or only acidity and gas
And can the gas problems be due to the hernia which I have developing in the righ inguinal region
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and I am pleased to answer your query.

Continuous burps does not occur due to heart problem or inguinal hernia.

The following are the causes of burps -
1. Swallowing of air ( occurs if you talk while eating, by drinking carbonated beverages , eating or drinking fast, chewing gums etc)
2. Acid reflux disease
3. Peptic ulcer disease
4. Gastritis
5. Delayed stomach emptying

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 21 minutes later
What about Stools? Does hernia create problem in emptying the stool properly
Does Hernia cause delayed stomach emptying and there by resulting in lot of burps
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
No. Hernia does not cause any problem in emptying the bowel. But if it is an obstructed hernia, it can cause bowel obstruction and may cause problem in emptying the bowel.

Hernia again does not cause delayed stomach emptying.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 39 minutes later
I had been diagnosed with H- Pylori infection. Also the doctor had given medication for one week for H-Pylori. How do I know for sure if the infection has gone completely or is still there in my stomach and causing various gastro problems ?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 13 minutes later
4 weeks after the treatment, you can have stool antigen test or urea breath test done to confirm eradication of the infection.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini