Have acidity problem. How to control it and what are the diet to be avoided?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: From past month I have acidity not bad, how do i control it? any food to be avoided ?
I am a non-veg, do not drink or smoke.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 15 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

First of all, this acidity may be an early symptoms of some diseases like presence of stone in gall bladder or liver problem. So, besides taking medications for hyperacidity, you should do an ultrasound scan of abdomen. If any abnormality is detected then management should be done accordingly.

For now, you should take a lansoprazole group of drug.
One enzyme group of syrup should be taken.
Regarding foods, avoid fast foods.

For detailed prescription, consult with your family physician.

Hope, this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.