Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Have a wasp sting. Should I go for medical check up?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 85 Questions
I have a wasp sting. I want to check if my reaction is normal or if I need to seek medical attention.
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Abid 15 minutes later
Hi there...

Thanks for the query.

Wasp sting reaction can be localized in the form of itching, swelling, redness or rash at the area of bite (as seen in the picture) or it can be severe enough and can present in the form of bronchospasm, kidney failure and angioedema.

So to be on safe side I will suggest you to seek medical advice. You would need to be monitored where the doctors would watch for the aforementioned signs. In the meantime you can use over the counter anti-allergic agents like benadryl.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor