Have a toothache and need antibiotics. Can i get online prescription?

Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda

Dentist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Question: Greetings, I have a toothache and need antibiotics, do I need to see a doctor to get a prescription for ampacillan? I have no insurance and a dentist will not be able to do anything untill the infection clears.
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 2 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for writing to us,
I would like you to know that toothache is following infection and as you are aware that in order to treat it antibiotics are a must.
Ampicillin needs a doctor's prescription, therefore I would advise you to see a dentist soon.
Until you see a dentist, use an antibacterial mouthwash(twice/day)
And warm saline rinses(3-4times/day).
It will help relief pain and swelling.
Do not apply hot compresses on the affected area.
I hope I answered your query,
Kindly write back if you have further queries,
I wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli