Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have a throbbing feeling on the inside of arm. What could be this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I have a throbbing feeling (like a pulse) on the inside of my left arm just below where your arm bends. Any ideas?
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 53 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

A careful physical examination could be useful. However, it is worth noting that at the level where you are describing, the cubital artery turns outside and evolves side wards and downwards. It is therefore not unusual that you might be palpating the cubital or ulnar pulse.

I do not think it really should be a measure call for concern. Lack of other associated symptoms actually make the condition very benign or not likely to be anything serious. The history pf blood clots in this case is not very important or telling, I really think you should not bother.

I f still so disturbed, you might book an appointment with your family care physician. But, I think its nothing really to bother about for now,

best regards,
Bain LE, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor