Have a sore throat. Can I take azithromycin with cetrizine hydrochloride?

Dr. Aditya Bhabhe

Nephrologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can I take Azithromycin with Cetrizine Hydrochloride? I have a sore throat and the inside of my throat hurts while swallowing. I have had this before and taken azithromycin and it worked? I just need to know if this combination is alright
Answered by Dr. Aditya Bhabhe 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No known interaction

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thank you for sending in your query.

There is no known interaction between cetrizine and azithromycin.

So the use of the two drugs as a combination should not be a problem.

However it is always preferable to use all medications under the supervision of a doctor.

I Hope this was helpful.

I would be happy to provide answers to any other questions which you may have.

Dr. Bhabhe