Have a soft lump on my scapula. Getting arm pain for this. How to get relief?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I HAVE AN ALK PHOS OF 190. ALSO A SOFT LUMP BY MY SCAPULA THAT IS CAUSING ARM PAIN BUT THE LUMP DOES NOT HURT.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
The soft lump in the scapula, is most probably a lipoma, fat containing swelling/ fat accumulation as commonly called.
If it has been there for years and there is no pain or sudden enlargement, there is no cause for worry at present.
Alkaline Phosphatase can be raised in diseases affecting the liver and the bone.
I would like to know the other liver enzyme values and study of the bones if they have been done recently.
DR GS