Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Have a red area on the top of gums. Anything to worry?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 395 Questions
gum abscess? hi,

I have a red area on the top of my gums. there is no tooth pain or gum pain. just a red area. is there anyway I can post a photo to better help with seeing if it is a abscess?
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 4 hours later
Thanks for writing to us,
I would like you to know that if the red area is associated with pus discharge,bleeding or pain then we may associate it with an abscess.
But if none of these symptoms are present then I would advise you to post your picture here so that I can guide you better.
Sometimes, redness and swelling are due to minor injury to the gums while brushing teeth, it usually heals in 5-7 days.
I hope this answer was useful,
Kindly feel free to post your further queries if any.
I wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor