Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Have a puss filled bump in between vagina and inner thigh. Is it an STD?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
Hi I have a puss filled bump in between my vagina and inner thigh. Is it an std?
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query and the image.
The image presented is actually an inflammation with a pus collection. This is a bacterial infection for sure. An STD will be suspected if there is history of unprotected sexual intercourse.

This looks more or a local inflammatory lesion. If you have associated vaginal discharge, history of unprotected sex, painful urination and pains in the lower abdominal lesion, you could suspect an STD. if the symptoms all started almost as the same time with this lesion, you could also do.

In this case, I do not think it is due to an STD. You need to get it examined by your prescription of antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs. This is not the usual presentation of an STD.

Thanks and best regards. Feel free asking further questions if need be.

Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor