Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Have a persistent boil at the top of pubic region. How do I get rid of it?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
I have a persistent boil at the top of my pubic region. How do I get rid of it??
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 26 minutes later
Hi there.
This persistent boil you describe appears to be an ingrown hair or a sebaceous cyst that gets recurrently infected.
Your best recourse would be to go across to a competent dermatosurgeon or general surgeon & get it 'excised'!
Do let me know where you live & i would be happy to recommend a doctor close to you if possible or one may look up the XXXXXXX directory for addresses!
Cheers & Good Luck .
P.S. It is a minor procedure that can be done under local anaesthesia in the Outpatient & do not worry; charges will vary with the centre & the size of lesion etc.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor