Have a paragard IUD. Getting bad cramps, lower back pain and fatigued. PG test negative. Is this due to IUD?
I have a paraguard IUD. My last three periods have been shorter and lighter than normal. I have had my IUD for about two years. Latley I have been having really bad cramps, lower back pain, headaches, fatigue. I have taken pregnancy tests but they are negative. Could my IUD be making me feel this way? I also keep getting Bacterial Vaginosis. (Not Sure If I spelled that right. Please help.
Thanks for posting your query.
Intrauterine device can increase chances of pelvic inflammatory disease.
If you are having recurrent episode of bacterial vaginosis, you should not use IUD; instead of it you can use barrier contraception or oral contraceptive pills.
Your symptoms are also indicating towards pelvic infection.
So consult your doctor for removal of IUD & local examination & get investigated for high vaginal swab culture to detect cause of infection.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available to solve your further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Iud abdominal pain bloating back pain
- Can an iud cause back pain
- Lower back pain cramps negative pregnancy test
- Back pain and fluttering with iud
- Radiating back pain with mirena iud
- Iud in wrong place back pain
- Lower back pain after iud removal
- Female back pain frequent urination and iud
- Iud cause leg and back pain
- Cramps constipation lower back pain
- Suffered from bulimia. Ultrasound showed thin endometrial lining. Is...
- Vaginal culture showed klebsiella pneumoniae in vagina. Is this dangerous?
- I am planning to concieve. Taking folvite tablets. Started getting cold....
- Joint pain, muscle twitch, feeling cold, weight gain, mood swings,...
- What will happen if tryptomer 25 mg and capit 100 pills are taken at the...
- Feeling faint, dizziness, lower abdominal pain, lower back pain, spinal...
- Am pregnant. History of abortion. Done TIFFA scan. Would like to know...
- Have irregular periods, taking Metformin, Thyronorm and Ova care. Scan...
- Could I be pregnant if I had sex around my menstrual cycle?
- Prescribed Metformin for PCOS. Done blood test. Is the result enough to...