Have a painless, hard, immovable lump on arm. Could it be cancerous?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I have a painless hard immovable lump on my upper right arm.. I noticed about 2 weeks ago.. could it be cancerous?

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload a good resolution picture

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare magic.

I can understand from your query that you are really tensed regarding the painless hard immovable lump on upper part of right arm.

There can be mutiple of possibilities of the lump but not at all a cancerous growth. It is is because of the fact that the site you described along with its features makes a possibility of a benign growth. So do not worry about any possibility of cancerous growth at the region you described.

I would like to keep my most close diagnosis reserved till I see the close good resolution picture. It can be either a simple sebaceous cyst or a lipoma or a fibroma only.

It would be best if you can upload a picture of the affected area. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia.

Hope to hear you soon from your side to help and guide you best.

With best health wishes,
Dr Sanjay
MD Dermatology