Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Have a pain on the right side of head. Did CT scan. Have allergic problem. Any solution?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5556 Questions
I have a pain on the right side of my head, about 7 cm above my ear . Three or so years ago I drank blueberry juice . My blood pressure went extremely high , and I thought and felt if something went wrong ( allergies / clot ) . It was unbearable for months . I had a CT scan done during that time , which they did not see or find anything . I am definetly highly allergic and have to check what I eat . I still have the pain occasionally . Sometimes much worse than other times . The pain feels not deep in my head and close to my scull , a dull pain , feels sometime if blood is dripping or flowing , that might be worse when I have aspirin . What type of test , scan , or x XXXXXXX might assist me in finding the problem . I am male and 49 years old . My doctor and a hart specialist looked at me , but it is hard to determine someone else problems if you can't see anything .
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure that your symptoms are unlikely to be due to any serious brain disease. This is because, as you suggested, your symptoms are minor and three years have elapsed since your symptoms began.

The possibilities include a vascular headache such as a migraine variant, and muscle tension headache.

However, to exclude a possibility of any XXXXXXX brain problem such as a clot, infarct (less blood flow), etc; an MRI and MR angiogram of the brain can be done.

I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer any follow up queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor