Have a lump on inner thigh. Pus and blood comes out after squeezing. Need advice?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi I have a lump on my inner thigh for about 3 months its quite hard and everytime I squeeze pus and blood comes out?

Also I need advice as I have blocked tubes from borderline ovarian tumours I have had 1 free IVF I need help as I really want a child
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later

The possible causes of your lump are:
Infection can cause formation of abscess. That usually contains blood and pus. Because of chronic infection the tissues can become hard.
Tumors can also present as hard lumps but the occurrence is rare.

So now you consult gynecologist or general surgeon once and get examined.
If that is an abscess, the pus has to be removed by giving incision and antibiotic course to be used.
If that is found to be some other growth biopsy should be taken from the lump to decide its nature and treatment can be given accordingly.

The treatment of blocked tubes depends on the extent of block, position of the block, cause of the block etc.
If the block in your tubes is in the middle of the tube excluding the ends, and if the block free tube is around 7 to 8cms length then there is possibility to do re-canalization.

If not IVF is the next option. By taking some precautions the failure rate of IVF can be reduced.
For more details:http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/06/possible-causes-of-ivf-failure-and.html

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 minutes later
That answer is great thankyou.

In regards to the blocked tubes they tell me there blocked by scar tissue I had a XXXXXXX test about three years ago what would you suggest my next move be?

Thanks

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 hours later

According to what they told it might be obliterative fibrosis. If so that will be difficult to bypass with catheter.
So if both the tubes are having same problem the remaining option is artificial reproductive methods like IVF only.
Don't worry if properly performed IVF is having good amount of success rate and with that you can have a child.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.