Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have a lump in crease on the inside of arm. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
Hi i have a lump in crease on the inside of my arm and sometimes my arm really aches
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 24 minutes later
Thank you for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. I read your mail with diligence.
Standard procedure in dealing with lump inside the arm which at times is causing pain in the arm: is to find out its histopathology and remove it unless it is something like torn muscle fibers. Though you have not given any indication of having got the injury or having overstretched your arm. I would urge to show to your general practitioner; consultation ought to be urgent if the lump meets any following 5 situations.
1. Recently detected and you are sure it was not there before and it is growing.
2. There is pain when this is pressed by you
3. There is redness over the lump as compared to skin surrounding it.
4. There is throbbing sensation in it or there is ulceration over the lump.
5. Lump hinders the movement of arm at shoulder and/or elbow.
Doctor would examine you thoroughly and do some tests before giving a final advice. Good Luck. I hope that answers your question however if you have a followup I will be most happy to answer.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor