Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Have a light brown patch on the tip of nose. How to cure this?

User rating for this question
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2544 Questions
Hi, sorry...I have a light brown patch on the tip of my nose and it is the size of maybe a pea. what can I do to lighten that up?? YYYY@YYYY

Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Kindly upload a close-up image.

2. Describe the patch in detail such as when it appeared, any history of trauma, the texture, whether it is raised or flush with the skin, whether it is tender on touch or bleeds and so on.

3. Is it increasing in size?

Awaiting your reply

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have a light brown patch on the tip of nose. How to cure this? 5 hours later
the patch appeared about 2 years ago, it is more like a discoloration, the texture is the same as skin, it's not tender to the touch and it doesn't bleed, it's not growing in size either and it is flush with the skin surface, sorry I can't figure out how to up load a pic. to this site.

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 9 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

1. This seems to be a mole or an age spot / freckle which occurs on exposure to sunlight. There is no cause for worry.

2. Get a Skin Specialist's opinion. Lightening of the spots may be possible by laser, radio-frequency or cryosurgery.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor