Have a light brown patch on the tip of nose. How to cure this?

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, sorry...I have a light brown patch on the tip of my nose and it is the size of maybe a pea. what can I do to lighten that up?? YYYY@YYYY

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Kindly upload a close-up image.

2. Describe the patch in detail such as when it appeared, any history of trauma, the texture, whether it is raised or flush with the skin, whether it is tender on touch or bleeds and so on.

3. Is it increasing in size?

Awaiting your reply

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Sumit Bhatti 5 hours later
the patch appeared about 2 years ago, it is more like a discoloration, the texture is the same as skin, it's not tender to the touch and it doesn't bleed, it's not growing in size either and it is flush with the skin surface, sorry I can't figure out how to up load a pic. to this site.

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 9 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

1. This seems to be a mole or an age spot / freckle which occurs on exposure to sunlight. There is no cause for worry.

2. Get a Skin Specialist's opinion. Lightening of the spots may be possible by laser, radio-frequency or cryosurgery.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.