Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have a hard string like thing under the skin on the top of penis. Feels liked a clotted vein. What is this?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
I have a hard stringlike thing under the skin on the top of my penis. It goes the full length and there is a small bb like protrusion about halfway down. It feels liked a clotted vein. It is not painful but kind of worries me.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The string like thing of full length on penis is looking like a vein which is usually present on the upper part of the penis under the skin.

How many days since it was present there?

What is the color of the string like structure?

Is it increasing in size or any color variation?

Please send the answers to my question, so that I can advise you in a better way.

Awaiting your information in your follow up query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have a hard string like thing under the skin on the top of penis. Feels liked a clotted vein. What is this? 17 hours later
It does not have any color and it has not increased in size. I have had it for 2 weeks and it has not changed. It feels like guitar string with a lump toward the middle about the size of a bb than the string like thing goes to the head. I was wondering if it was a plugged lymphocele. I can feel the string from the start of the groin to the head. Can rough sex of damaged something. It just does not change or go away.
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for getting back and for providing information.

With your discription, the hard guitar string like structure in the skin of your penis is looking like blocked lypmhatic channel which is know as penile lymphocele.

This blocked channel feels hard, like a cartilage.

The condition can be brought on by vigorous sex or masurbation or can occur spontaneously.

Yes, rough sex may lead to this problem.

But nothing to worry as the condition will clear up on its own and no treatment is required.

Abstinence from sex for a few weeks is advised to get rid from this condition.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor