Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Have a hard bone like lump on finger. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
I have a hard bone like lump sticking out the bottom of my middle finger should I be worried or will I get it checked out I bent my finger back last week and ever since then it's been paining me especially when it's cold out ?
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

As there was a trauma of this finger recently, there is a possibility of bone fracture or bone dislocation. Depending of the place of dislocation/fracture it can get healed by itself but it might need also some medical attention. Some fractures or dislocations can be painless or cause only mild pain.
That is why it is advisable for you to have it checked with an X-ray.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have a hard bone like lump on finger. Should I be worried? 15 minutes later
The part that seems to be poking out is the bottom of my middle finger were the joint meets the top of palm of the hand I work in a bakery so I'm constantly using my hand and the more I bend and lift its getting sore ! Should I go to my gp or straight to ae for x XXXXXXX ?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 minutes later

So it sounds more like dislocation. I suggest you to go to ER and have it explained as hands fingers are very important for everything we do. The longer you wait with it, the more changes and distortions do appear around this joint.

Hope this will help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor