Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Have a haemorrhoid and blood in bowel movement. Should I consult a specialist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
I have been constipated on and off for a few months, I do have a hemorrhoid and frequently have blood drip into bowl after straining with large hard stool. Lately I have been very bloated and experiencing abdominal pain. I've been taking ducolax regularly for two wks without effects, I tried mineral oil also but no luck. I had a very small BM last nite (lg rocks). Today after work, about 13 hrs later I passed gas( rancid) and when I got home and used the bathroom I noticed brownish/red blood stain in my underware, and continue to notice a reddish stain on the toilet paper whenever blot the rectum area after I urinate. I'm starting to get concerned, should I go see a GI physician?
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query
It seems you have a bad fissure along with colitis
I would suggest you see a G I Physician
in the mean time add fibre to your diet and take plenty of fluids
liq paraffin would be a better option as a laxative
Add a probiotic twice a day for two weeks
Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubt
Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor