Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Have a fluid filled bump near eye. What it could be and how to get rid of it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1976
Answered : 1872 Questions
I have a fluid filled bump near my right eye. It is under the eyelid border and when I use a lancet I can express clear fluid from the bump. I am a dentist and this resembles a very small mucocele. I first noticed the bump about two years ago and after I XXXXXXX it it will take about two months to fill with the clear fluid again. Do you have any suggestions for me about either what it could be or how to get rid of it?
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Being a dentist I can understand your dilemma. You may be right that it can be cyst which gets refilled once you XXXXXXX it. It would be better you see an ophthalmologist who will excise the whole cyst so that there is no recurrence. The other alternative can be that the ophthalmologist may marsupilize it, so that healing occurs with epithelisation of the cystic cavity.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction. You are welcome to seek any clarification or share any other fact in this regard.

Wishing you all the best and regards,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor