Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Have a circular bruise at the top of butt. Pain at the bottom of tail bone. Purple in colour. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
I have a bruise looking open circle at the top of my butt crack about an inch circular clear in the middle but purple color. It doesn't hurt, had a couple of days. I have been having pain at bottom of my tailbone but have not fallen or have done anything to cause it. Need your help. My doctor canno figure it out.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its a bruise

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
It is for sure a bruise. Bruise is a collection of blood which after time changes in colour to purple and then finally to brown before it disappears permanently due to absorption. On should not be concerned about the bruise as it is bound to disappear. The thing I am concerned about is, why is it there?
In your question you have also stated that you have pain in your tail bone area. Now that gives some clue. AT age 65 yrs and among females the bones can be a bit fragile. Your tailbone could have been damaged leading to seepage of blood causing the bruise. Your tail bone pain cannot be ignored.
You need to undergo an X-ray of your tail bone. It may show up a fracture in case if it present. Otherwise as well, the cause is an injury for sure. It may have been insignificant for you to notice.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor