Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have a c shaped, red, itchy and raised rash on ribs. What to get rid of it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
I have a c shaped raised rash on my left side ribs. It first appeared Sat night so it has now been here 3 days. It is very red and the bottom part of the "c" has now extended 1 1/2 more inches longer towards my left breast. It is very itchy.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kruti 30 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.

From your description it seems to be ringworm.
It’s a fungal infection.

However it’s difficult to confirm the diagnosis without seeing the rash.

Hence I would request you to post a photo here. Also please do let me know if you have any fluid filled blisters in clusters. You have a feature to upload the images on the right side of this query page, please utilize it so that I can answer your query better.

The treatment for ringworm is application of lamisil cream twice a day for two weeks.

Lamisil cream its available over the counter.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor