Have a boil inside nostril, teary eye and bumps on ear. Could it be herpes?
Firstly, the symptoms you told indicates a blister like lesion over the nostril and external accoustic meatus.
It is seen in either local bacterial infection ( like boil) or herpes like viral infection or other skin disease
For coming to any conclusion, you have to be clinically examined thoroughly for any other signs of herpes. But the symptoms are more indicative of herpes infection.
You can see another doctor for a thorough examination, and confirmation of this condition.
Treatment of this condition consist of
2. Acyclovir group of drugs as antiviral agents.
3. Antibiotics like azithromycin group of medicines for prevention of secondary bacterial infection.
4. For pain, you can take nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs.
5. The area should be kept clean.
6. If indicated some local antimicrobial agents are also considered.
7. In case of complication like neural pain, steroids are considered as drug of choice.
8. Diet should be nutritious and must contain some fresh fruits.
Home remedies are not of much help in this condition. You should take the drugs I mentioned above. Because using any other thing except medicines may lead to post herpetic neuralgia which a painful condition.
Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more questions.
Thank you for writing back.
This disease is contagious. Body fluid, direct contact , all are predisposing factors for transmission.
If you have your answers, then close this discussion.