Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Have a blackish greenish hard spot the size of a pea on pubic region. What is this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5762 Questions
I'm a male and I have a blackish greenish hard spot the size of a pea on my pubic region. Its almost scab like.
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 16 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

It is very hard to give exact answer not seeing it so a photo would make it much easier.
If this spot is there for a long time and has not changed shape, size, no redness around it, most likely this is a benign skin lesion. If this spot has changed color, size, started to pain or redness has appeared, it should be removed and send to histopathology.
The best way with such lesions is to visit dermatologist who is able with special microscope (dermatoscope) tell either this is something you should worry about or not.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor