Have a black spot on the roof of mouth. Blood came after poking. Roof of mouth is itchy. What is this?
Thanks for your query.
Looks like you have developed a localized collection of blood at the roof of your mouth. Now this is very similar to the development of a bruise over the skin which is the purplish discoloration of the skin after any trauma.
These kinds of lesions can develop in the mouth after any kind of oral trauma in the form of scratching or itching. This is what has happened in your case.
I can assure you that you need not worry for the lesion if it is in acute one, meaning that it has developed suddenly over few hours.
Firstly try not to touch the lesion. Do not scratch the area any further. Take betadine gargles twice a day. For this take a glass of cold water, put five ml betadine into it and do gargles.
The small hematoma that has formed will heal in its course of three to five days. Take vitamin c oral supplement alongside to hasten the healing process.
However If you feel that the lesion persists for more than a week, then you should consult a dermatologist.
Hope it helps,
If you have any other query, please let me know. I would be happy to help you
Wishing you speedy recovery
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Toddler black spot roof mouth
- Black spot on roof of infants mouth
- Itchy red spots at roof of mouth
- Black spot on roof of mouth
- Tiny black spots roof of mouth
- Whats black spot on the roof of the mouth of a baby
- Black spot on roof of mouth adult
- Itchy roof of mouth white spots
- Black spot roof of baby mouth
- Mouth ulcers roof of mouth
- Unable to bend toe, nail bed is painful. Active runner. Had toe nail...
- Have a black spot on the roof of mouth. Blood came after poking. Roof of...
- Have penile inflammation with rep bumps, also had hives and sore bumps...
- Hypopigmented spot on cheek. Used to exfoliate daily. Could this be a...
- Have itchy keloids on chest. Any cure?
- Took treatment for keloids on face. How long should it be continued?
- Have itching on face, ears and nose. Having small indentations and white...
- Have recurrent lump on back of scalp and around genitals. On...
- Got sunburn on shoulders and legs. Can this lead to kidney problem?
- Child has rash on chest, back, neck, no sign of hives or itching,...