Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have a bad scrape, swelling and nasty bruise above hip bone and sore rib cage. Should I see a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Hi I fell 2 days and scraped the left side of me right above my hip bone on a tree limb that was cut down. I have a bad scrape and a nasty bruise around it and it's swollen. It's pretty sore from my hip bone to the back of my rib cage but nothing very painful and getting a little better. Should I go see a doctor?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 26 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Yes, you should go to doctor to get primary evaluation done. Doctor might want to get a xray done to see if there is any bone injury.

Mean while you can try oral pain killer for pain and try ice application at the site of pain,

Hope this answers your question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor