Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Have a Liquefaction time of more than 2 hours. How to reduce it?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hi ,
i have a Liquefaction time MORE THAN 2 Hours how to reduce it
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possible prostatitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
Usually liquefaction time of around 30 minutes can be taken as normal.
More than one hour liquefaction time is somewhat abnormal and needs treatment.
The accessory glands like prostate helps in liquefying the semen.
Abnormal liquefaction indicates disorder of the accessory glands. Like infection of the prostate tissue leading to prostatitis.
So once consult XXXXXXX get examined and take treatment for prostatitis. Possibly this will help in decreasing the liquefaction time.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have a Liquefaction time of more than 2 hours. How to reduce it? 1 hour later

can you suggest remedy to treat this


Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
examination needed

Detailed Answer:
The treatment options depends on the cause.
And to make out the exact cause you need to get examined.
In case of prostatitis you may need antibiotics.
The duration of intake of antibiotics depends on chronicity of the problem.
Sometimes antibiotics for 4 to 6 weeks may needed.
The choice of antibiotics depends on the type of bacteria causing the infection.
If you have symptoms like pain etc due to prostatitis, you may need analgesics, alpha blocker, prostatic massage etc.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor