Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have Phimosis. Tried glansie without success. Is circumcision an option? Is there harm?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3619 Questions
I am a 66 year old male with Phimosis and have tried the Glansie without much success . What are my options re: circumcission,Hazards and prices ,ect.
Posted Fri, 1 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 54 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Phimosis is best treated by Circumcision .Conservative methods like Glansie devices have good success in young and growing children than in adults.

Glansie devices do help but commonly present with complications like adhesions , scars and fibromatosis.

In adults Circumcision is the definitive cure for Phimosis.
Also circumcision will protect you against penile cancer as suggested by many studies.Circumcision is not contraindicated in diabetics as it is a minor surgery and the healing too is very quick in the trimmed parts.Hence, you can go for it without worries.

The cost of the surgery depends on the hospital and the kind of nursing service you prefer.The average cost would be around $2000 to $3000.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have Phimosis. Tried glansie without success. Is circumcision an option? Is there harm? 21 hours later
Thank You .
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 minutes later
You are welcome

Thanks for using this service.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor