Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have Parkinson. Started new diet at office. Can I join?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12749 Questions
My Doctor a special diet that the whole office is on-he ask me if I would like to join I said Yes not nowing
this was going to cost me how do write him telling him this not for me.He called me today I feel that I was
pressured into this. I made mistake about getting involed in it.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Under these circumstances it is best to convey this to your doctor directly that you would not be interested in following the diet.
You can call his office and cancel your appointment.
If you are not interested then there is no use of doing it under pressure of your colleagues.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have Parkinson. Started new diet at office. Can I join? 3 days later
I need to write to my Doctor about the diet am only 125 poundst 5'4 I made mistake about getting my self involve in this he called me saying why don't I like this jt's called Medifast meals. I think am being pressured into this.I told him am not interested following diet. I have Parkinson Disease.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Your weight is ideal for your height. You do not need a weight loss programme. You can give the reason that your physician has instructed to not to follow any special diets without his supervision. The fluid and electrolyte imbalances caused by such diets can worsen your symptoms of Parkinsonism.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor