Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have PCOS. Want better solution

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1990
Answered : 232 Questions
Help me to better get my problem solved on PCOS
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 23 hours later
The problem with PCo is that it has to be kept under control thru diet and exercise
Low carb diet and regular exercise is a must
Stop eating sugars altogether altogether
Try homeopathic treatment
You may try taking combined pills for eg XXXXXXX
Metformin can also be taken for long time with regular monitoring of liver function tests
The only permanant remedy is weight control only
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have PCOS. Want better solution 16 minutes later
Thank you so much. Will there be any serious impacts on Fertility front because of this?
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 5 hours later
PCO is present in about 22 % of women of reproductive age
About a third of these women may have delay in conception
Interestingly a severe PCO may conceive without much help and a mild case may take long
Overall most of the women with PCO conceive
A lot of medications areavailable for ovulation as there is poor ovulation in many
Overall outcome of fertility is satisfactory
The conception rates are higher in thin patients
There are long term implications like higher chances of diabetes and high BP etc
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor