Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Have PCOS. Missing periods for few month. Getting different pregnancy test results. Am I pregnant?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hi Doc,

I'm 25, have had PCOS since 14, but have lost weight, decreased my symptoms, and my hormones are supposedly back to normal. I haven't had a period since 4/13/12, and have felt pregnant. My long term partner and I use withdrawal, but I suspect possible conception on 6/28 or 6/29. Took 4 HPTs the second week of July: two were positive after 10 mins, one was negative, and one said ''error''. On 7/16/12 started a very watery light period, with clear, watery discharge and little blood, enough for a pantyliner - this lasted until 7/19/12. Saw the mid wife yesterday: negative hpt in her office at 4pm. I'm still experiencing light cramps, and a slight fever. Extremely fatigued, angry and emotional, nauseous unless I eat, frequent trips to the bathroom (no burning or odor). I do have vitamin D level of only 12.5, so I'm taking 50,000 IUs per week as prescribed by GP. Am I pregnant? midwife says its just my PCOS, but how could it be? Should I get a second opinion or a different doctor to evaluate me or is this unnecessary?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

according to your description,

-the possible cause for your positive urine pregnancy tests is, the result to be read within the specified time by the manufacturer because if we read after 3 to 4 minutes of the test it can give false positive result.

-poly cystic ovarian disease can cause menstrual irregularities and your scanty flow called hypomenorrhea could be because of that,

-vitamin D deficiency can lead to fatigue, emotional disturbances, hormonal imbalance, musculoskeletal pains, increased susceptibility to infections etc, that may be responsible your symptoms.

-possibility of PCOS status,
- and urine microscopy if needed culture sensitivity to rule out UTI and start treatment accordingly,
-enquire your GP regarding altering the dose of Vitamin D and adding calcium supplements to the treatment.
with this primary workup possibly your symptoms will decrease.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have PCOS. Missing periods for few month. Getting different pregnancy test results. Am I pregnant? 20 hours later
Okay thank you for your time. I also have a question that I'm not sure if its related to those above symptoms or not, and it's embarrassing for me to ask the doctor face to face.

Recently, I've had several bowel movements that are accompanied by clear odorless vaginal discharge. I don't touch it with my fingers, so I have no idea if its sticky or not. I also do not check my cervical fluid so I cannot compare this discharge to anything. I've read that pregnant women commonly experience this throughout their pregnancy, but if I'm not pregnant than what is this?

Also, I've been having very faint, light cramps on and off throughout the week.

I asked my GP about the dosage and he wants me to finish the 8 week session of vitamin d , (i'm on week 2) but told me that deficiency should not cause excess anger or emotional instability. I dont know what to think about that. Your thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

vaginal white discharge is called physiological leuchorrhea, it can be seen at the time of ovulation, before periods, during sexual arousal and during pregnancy etc,
so your white discharge may be because of any of the above factors not only because of pregnancy.

according to literature vitamin D deficiency can cause the symptoms before told by me
reference: WWW.WWWW.WW though that may not be the only cause for your symptoms but it cannot be completely excluded also.
so better you once consult gynecologist and undergo investigations as I told before.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor