Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have PCOD. Taken Fertyl. Pain when TVS scanning done. Is this a problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
hi dr,iam mrs XXXXXXX 29yrs old,have pcod,taken fertyl 50mg from 2nd to 6th day,done follicular study, today is my 16th day,in my rt ovary there is 1*1 follicle,ET 0.7 is gn in the report. vil the ovulation take place this gynae ASKED ME TO TAKE one more scan on coming monday that is 19th day. iam bit worried. one more thing iam getting pain when the tvs scanning is done, is this a problem or vil it cause infection or some health issue by doing this scan.pls explain...
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. Following is my reply:

1) Follicle size should be 1.8 x 1.8 ( called dominant follicle). Your follicle size is 1 x 1 which is far smaller for day 16.

2) Hence follow your doctor's advice and get a scan done on day 19 and see if you have got a dominant follicle. Since you are a case of PCOD, the ovulation is generally little delayed.

3) If the follicle is dominant, it will ovulate. So please follow scans.

4) Trans vaginal scan causes some amount of pain especially while searching for follicles. Hence no need to worry.

5) The pain does not mean infection or any other thing. There is no health issue.

I hope I answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor