Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Have PCOD. Doing IUI. No result. Treatment for PCOD. Can I go for IVF?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
Hi Doctor,
Just wanted to know whether 30 was really late to conceive. I am trying to conceive. I have PCOD and have been visiting a fertility specialist. She is using injections & we doing IUI. We have done IUI for almost 3 cycles. But all in vain.
She is using 75 FSH & HCG to rupture. Wanted to check did we come to early to fertility specialist or a gynae could do the treatement. Please advice. Since really worried regarding this.
Is there any other treatment for PCOD other than the injections, tablets & IUI. I know there is IVF also, but she says we have not reached that stage still to opt for it.
Thanks in advance.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) You are absolutely correct in consulting fertility consultant and save time rather waste time with gynecologist. 2) Its not early. After 30 years of age, the fertility potential gradually reduces. Hence it is better to hurry under guidance of fertility consultant. 3) You have history of tuberculosis which might have damaged your reproductive organs. Request fertility consultant to perform PCR analysis of endometrium. 4) PCO depends on severity. If you are ovulating normally with hCG, no need to do anything 5) Please ask your doctor to add metformin tablet if PCO is suspected. 6) Since you have undergone 3 IUI, Get tubal tests done before next IUI. Get back to me if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor