Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have P E ejaculation. Noticed PPi lowers blood circulation. Will cymbolta help with PE?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9585 Questions
My name is XXXXXXX I have P E ejaculation, all my life, I am now 77. Also just read that PPi meds can lower blood circulation in penis by reducing production of nitric oxide. please advise. Thanks. Will cymbolta help with PE ?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
problem of Premature ejaculation since many years from the beginning of your sexual life.(Primary Premature Ejaculation)

As regards your query about Protone Pump Inhibitors (PPI) medicines, there is not a single research study indicating that it reduces the production of nitric oxide and reduce blood circulation in penis.

Cymbalta (Dapoxetine) is a drug that belongs to Selective Serotine Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI) widely used all over the world in treating premature ejaculation and as anti depressant..
You can certainly have a trial of Cymbalta after discussion with your family Physician keeping in mind the side effects of this drug.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have P E ejaculation. Noticed PPi lowers blood circulation. Will cymbolta help with PE? 1 hour later
Check dr. XXXXXXX COOKE of Sanford school of med. And now of Methodist Hospital in Houston has researched PPIs finding possible interference with vein or artery expansion.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
Thanks for your valuable information and will go through it.
The vast research studies done over PPI all over the world so far have not mentioned about its interference on penile circulation .
The studies that you have mentioned will need to be disscused on scientific forums before they are being accepted by WHO or scientific organisations.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor