Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have L4/L5 S1 prolapsed disk. Experiencing mild pain in leg and half body. Suggest some remedy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 116 Questions
I am 38 and my problem is L4/L5 S1 prolapsed disk,Symtoms are mild pain in left leg,and in half body ,sexual power week one testis become small ,problem facing from last 10 years pls suggest remedy instead of surgery
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description of symptoms, it is unlikely that your problems are due to a disc herniation . However, if other causes are ruled out and you are having significant pain which is disturbing your routine life, you may consider surgery as it is safe. You will have a good chance of improvement in pain but less chances of improvement in sexual functions.
Get a MRI images so that I can actully comment on how significant is the disc bulge and whether it really requires surgery. Alternatively, you can post detailed MRI report.
You can use the 'Upload your reports' section to send me the reports.
Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor