Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Have IBS problem. Get heart burn, left arm finger tingling and anxiety. EKG borderline with left inlargement. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1524 Questions
i have ibs issues.. now I seem to get heart burn, left arm finger tingling and then anxiety.. had ..but at the ER the EKG came out borderline..with possible left inlargement.. so a week later I did a stress test it turned out ok..
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take rabeprazole and domperidone

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

It's all appear to be related to reflux disease and anxiety as stress test is normal doesn't appear to be related to heart. So I will advise to take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like domperidone. If symptoms are relieved then continue with these medicines and if not relieved then visit a Gastroenterologist who may advise for endoscopy examination to confirm the diagnosis.

Few more tips for reflux disease:
1.Avoid fatty meals
2. Don’t lie down soon after meals for at least half hour
3.Take small and frequent meals, instead of full meals at a time
4. wear loose clothes
5. If you are overweight or obese do weight reduction with dieting and exercise

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor