Have Gilbert's syndrome. Delivered baby. What is the chance of getting this disease for my baby?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Genetics
Question: I have Gilbert's syndrome and I just had a baby four months ago. Is it safe to give dtap if she inherited this from me? She cut her finger on kitchen knife while I was slicing apple( reached out and grabbed it) I was going to wait to get shots until I got Genetics test done but now I fear tetanus. Can her liver handle vaccines??
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
XXXXXXX syndrome patients can be given all the vaccines just like in any other individual. It does not affect the drug pharmacokinetics either to any significant extent.
Just make sure that her cut gets a medical attention per se.
Dressing and antibiotics if deemed essential.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!