Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have ADHD with anxiety and depression. Dizziness, nausea, high BP, slurred speech, urinary incontinence. Family history of epilepsy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 504 Questions
Age 34 causcasian female. Diagnosed adhd PI with anxiety/depression 65. ekg non specific flat t wave and mild prolonged qt slowly increasing>last year no qt issue highest time 147ms. saw XXXXXXX medicine today and asked to be tested for ms. due to dizziness, electric shock feeling, nauseua problmes withg left side in space, intermittent high blood pressure, occassional trouble with slurres speech or general inability to get words out. numbness patches that seem to move around and now urinary urgency incontenance left side of leg sometimes unable to move with huge pain. generalized pain. XXXXXXX med says no worries your too young for heart problme see u in july> pretty sure he thinks im nuts but it comes and goes for months at a time every year since i was about 15. he says its all anxiety related. i would love to believe that but i dont. help> family history of epliepsy ( mom and brother) heart conditions ( angina paternal grand mother) heart attach young dad age 47. currently have an ear infection have been one 2 rounds of antibiotics on day 4 of biaxcin (arythimyacin) also diagnosed with hemoragia.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 5 hours later

Thanks for the query

There are a couple of things which come to mind with the symptoms you report and none of them is life-threatening. Most of your neurological symptoms like dizziness, electric shock feeling, speech problems, numb patches and urinary symptoms are episodic and transient indicating non-progressive Neurological disorder.

So I personally feel most of your problems are related to anxiety and depression. ECG changes mentioned are non-specific and needs no evaluation. You need to see a Gynecologist to exclude the possibility of stress incontinence. You need to see a Neurologist only if your symptoms worsen or notice additional neurological problems. Do continue on your medications for anxiety/depression and XXXXXXX your psychiatrist regularly.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you find my response to be both helpful and adequate. If you have any additional concerns regarding your question I would be happy to address them.


Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor