Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Have 2 large bump resembling spider bites under arm pit. Feel painful. Treatment?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9587 Questions
I have 2 large bump resembling spider bites under my arm pit, they are very painful, and suggestions how to treat this
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be Boil.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have two red bumps under your armpit.

Most likely this could be Staphylococcal infection of the hair follicle ( Boil) which is very common to occur at this site due to sweating..

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Observe proper personal hygiene by cleaning armpit with warm water twice daily.

I think it should get cured within a week.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have 2 large bump resembling spider bites under arm pit. Feel painful. Treatment? 3 hours later
I have antibiotic anti inflamatories that I took 1 month ago for my finger that was infected, could I use this medicine for this as well,
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tes You can use .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.You can use the antibiotic and anti inflammatory medication that you have with you.
hanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor