Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Has vascular cerebral accident. With septic shock. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1306 Questions
my grandfather had vascular cerebral accident and now he is with septic shock at the intensive care unit,blood pressure 8:3 and, is there a way to isolate this bacteria ?
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
1. It is unfortunate that your grandfather has septic shock following a CVA (cerebrovascular accident). This means that he has a serious infection. The only means by which the bacteria can be identified is by blood culture and culture of various fluids/ secretions like sputum/ urine/ intravenous cannula tip/suction catheter tip culture depending upon the clinical suspicion. Since he is already on antibiotics (tazobactam), the chances of identifying the bacteria by any means is relatively less.
2. The eradication of this bacteria from body and blood can only be achieved by antibiotics. The choice of antibiotic will depend upon the site of infection and the reports of culture & sensitivity.
Feel free to discuss further.
wishing early recovery for your grandpa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Emergency Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor