Has red blister like sore on clitoralhood which gets itchy after sex. What is it?

Dr. Basheer Ahamed

Diabetologist

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: hi my friend has a red sore on her clitoralhood just insideof it its started to get itchy last nite after sex and sore like a blister that poped its red and shiny thismorning
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Inflammation of Clotoris. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Itching and sore is due to inflammation of the clotoris. It is common following vigorous sexual activities.(Foreplay, intercourse and mastrubation). I would advise to use a good sexual lubricant while sexual activity to prevent it in the future. A good moisturizer will help in reducing the inflammation in a couple of days. If the symptoms get worse than consult your doctor for evaluation and advice on treatment. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any query. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T